Waterjet Cutting Service
Waterjet cutting is an amazing technology with limitless possibilities. Vykan uses waterjet technology everyday and its our mission to help others utilize it in fabrication. We offer an affordable service and take on work from small to large scale.
Learn About The Advantages
Waterjet cutting is a versatile and precise cutting method used in various industries. It involves using a high-pressure stream of water, often mixed with abrasive particles, to cut through different materials. Here's how waterjet cutting works:
1. High-Pressure Water: Waterjet cutting machines use a high-pressure pump to generate a stream of water at pressures typically ranging from 30,000 to 90,000 pounds per square inch (psi). This high-pressure water is directed through a small orifice, creating a focused and powerful cutting stream.
2. Abrasive Particles (Optional): In some cases, abrasive particles such as garnet are added to the water stream to enhance the cutting ability. These particles help to erode the material being cut, allowing for faster and more precise cutting.
3. Cutting Process: The high-pressure water or abrasive waterjet is directed onto the material to be cut. As the waterjet makes contact with the material, it rapidly erodes and cuts through it. The cutting process is controlled by computer numerical control (CNC) systems, which precisely guide the waterjet along the desired cutting path.
4. Versatility: Waterjet cutting can be used on a wide range of materials, including metals (such as steel, aluminum, and titanium), stone, glass, ceramics, composites, plastics, and more. It is particularly effective for materials that are sensitive to heat, as waterjet cutting produces minimal heat-affected zones.
5. Precision and Accuracy: Waterjet cutting offers exceptional precision and accuracy, with the ability to achieve tight tolerances and intricate shapes. The CNC control allows for complex cutting patterns and designs, making it suitable for various applications, including architectural, automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing industries.
6. Benefits: Waterjet cutting has several advantages over traditional cutting methods. It does not create heat-affected zones, minimizing the risk of material distortion or warping. It also does not produce hazardous fumes or dust, making it a safer and environmentally friendly cutting option. Additionally, waterjet cutting is a non-contact process, reducing the risk of tool wear and allowing for the cutting of delicate materials.
Overall, waterjet cutting is a versatile and precise cutting method that offers numerous benefits. Whether you need to cut through thick metal plates or create intricate designs on delicate materials, waterjet cutting can provide the accuracy and versatility required for your specific cutting needs.
What is a waterjet cutting machine?A waterjet cutting machine is a large machine that is computer programable and uses a strong water stream to cut raw materials A waterjet machine is usually comprised of the actual machine, operator controls system and of course the main pressure system.
How Much Does Waterjet Cost?Costs for waterjet cutting can vary depending on the complexity of the order, including drawing of files and material handling aspects. Bulk orders also have different price points.
What type of material can a waterjet cut?Waterjet cutting is very versatile in term of materials that can be cut. Essentially waterjets can cut through any material, some of the more common materials we cut are below. - Stainless Steel - Mild Steel - Aluminum - Plastics - Rubber - Specialized Metals - Glass - Tiles - Stone
What industries does waterjet work with?Waterjet is commonly used across a wide range on industries. here we commonly work with: - Automotive - Ship Repairs and Building - Precision Machining - Agricultural - Pharmaceutical - Sign Making - Power Generation - Robotics - Machine Building - Architecture and Design - Food Grade Equipment